¼ cup water
2 tsp lemon juice
2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
½ cup milk
½ cup flour
2 tsp sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp butter
Confectioners’ Sugar for dusting.
The Process (Overnight)
- Toss sliced apples in a bowl with ¼ cup water, ¼ tsp cinnamon, and 2 tsp. lemon juice. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl lightly beat the eggs.
- Add the milk and vanilla, whisking lightly until combined.
- Add the flour. Whisk lightly until combined but still slightly lumpy. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 425˚F. Over medium high heat, melt the butter in an 11” heat-proof skillet. When the butter is hot, drain the liquid from the apples and add them and the 2 tsp sugar to the pan. Stir to sauté until the apples have softened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Lightly whisk the refrigerated batter and pour over the apples. Place skillet in the pre-heated oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pancake is puffed and the edges are brown.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and carefully transfer the pancake to a cutting board. Dust with confectioner’s sugar. Slice into four large or eight small wedges.