Yield: Two Loaves
2 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ tbsp salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ cup Asiago Cheese, grated
½ cup pine nuts, toasted
2 teaspoons rosemary, crushed or chopped
3 tbsp butter, softened
1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
½ cup water
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on low speed, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, Asiago cheese, pine nuts, rosemary, and butter.
- With mixer still running, add three eggs, one at a time, until combined, then add water and continue to mix just until dough pulls together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board. Knead lightly and form into a ball. Cut the ball in two and roll each half into a log approximately seven inches long.
- Transfer the logs to the lined cookie sheet. If desired brush the top of each log with egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Slice each baked loaf diagonally, into approximately ¼ inch slices.
To use as toast, return slices to a 325˚F oven for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly browned and toasted.